Girls basketball team to start season

Posted: January 24, 2012 in Athletics, Girls basketball

By Christal Canejo

Cactus Canyon’s girls basketball team is kicking off the new season this week.
Coach Dale Richardson said he expects his team to always work hard, and has been preparing the team for its first game today by working on free throws and running defensive drills.
“I’m definitely excited for the season,” said eighth grader Falann Mattison. “I’m expecting some great wins and lots of fun.”
The team’s first opponent will be JO Combs at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 24. The team will also have the advantage of it being a home game.
Coach Richardson said that he will be excited to be teaching and to see new learning take place. He added that Falann Mattison, Bailey Klitzke, and Melodee Hermann will be among the team’s leaders.
“All three will be counted on heavily to carry the largest part of scoring,” said Richardson. “But a number of other girls could surprise me by the time the season is in full swing.”
Klitzke said she’s looking forward to a great season.
“I’m expecting a lot of hard work and fun,” she said. “ You don’t play good if you don’t have fun.”
Comments

Great start is right. Both teams looked a little nervous but warmed up and started making shots!!

2. John and Jodi Klitzke says:

Our family was at the first game of the season. I was surprised at how well the team played, they seem to have a grasp of the offense already and played a solid defense for 3 quarters…. Congratulations on the first win of the season and continued success

3. Kristen says:

I’m hoping the season will be a great one full of huge wins, it take a lot of endurance to play Basketball, I wish the best of luck to our teams.

4. Tyler R says:

I hope the CCJH girls basketball team this year wins many games and also has a lot of fun. Falann, Bailey, and Melodee and fantastic players and i’s sure there gonna make amazing leaders. I wish the team the best of luck in the year. I love how Christal Canejo got into the details and story and talked to the people. Great article.

5. Carolina D. says:

I was at the first game everybody did great and wonderful. Keep up on practicing and also have fun. Good luck on the other games.

6. Hailee S. says:

The article was well written. I think we have a good team and will do well this season. I wish the best to our team.

7. Savannah R says:

I’m hoping the season will be a great one full of huge wins, it take a lot of endurance and willing to run back and forth. Good Luck CCJH Basketball Team

8. Kelly says:

The dialog is very good. We are going to have a good season!!! We have a great start. Good Luck!

9. brandon says:

Great start to the season