Yearbooks on sale now, aim to go behind the scenes

Posted: January 30, 2012 in Electives, Fundraisers, Yearbook

By Christal Canejo

Cactus Canyon yearbooks are on sale now. This year’s book – with its Behind the Scenes theme – will be for sale for $23 until Feb. 17 by yearbook students.
After Feb. 17, the cost will be $28. There are other incentives to purchase early, including the chance to find a “golden ticket,” which is is good for a $20 Visa gift card.
“The best time to buy is early,” said Mr. Davis. “Those who order by Feb. 17, not only get a $5 discount, but they’ll be able to get their yearbook before everyone else and have a chance to find a golden ticket in their book.”
The class has been working on improving the overall quality of the yearbook from from photography and design to adding features stories on many pages.
“My expectation is that this will be our best book ever,” said Mr. Davis. “Our theme is Behind the Scenes, and we’ve worked all year to get photos that show what goes on at CCJH when no one is watching.”
“I think that the yearbooks last year were fantastic, but I can honestly say that this year’s book will be fantastic,” said Julia, editor of CCJH yearbooks.
Yearbook students have been advertising the book and handing out flyers. Students will be rewarded with prizes depending on how many sales they make.
While the price of each yearbook will rise to $28 after Feb. 17, presales will go until March 23. Any books not sold after that will be available on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive in May.
Comments
  1. Lexi says:

That’s great that we finally get to buy the yearbooks.I can’t wait to get mine.Great job writing this article!

2. B Snowball says:

“Paid on commissions” smooth move Mr. Davis…
    Buy from “Snowball” if at all possible

3. morgan says:

Thats a really good idea to get a five dollars off and the whole golden ticket idea is a smart way to boost sales! I bet a lot are going to be bought this year. An the cover is super awesome!!!
    This article was a great way to tell people about the golden ticket ,I didn’t know until i read this!

4. Gabriel says:

I just want to say good job to all the yearbook staff for doing such a great job this year.I cannot wait to get a yearbook.Good job on the article, very informational.

5. Elvis says:

I think it is a good job for everyone helping out on the yearbook this year. I can’t wait to see how good it is. For everyone who has a yearbook from last year now has pretty much identical yearbooks.

6. ashlee says:

I think its great how the yearbook class is putting together a yearbook thats like behind the scenes of what happens at our school, I’m sure its going to be great.
    Also, good job on this article it gives a lot of details.

7. Bryan W. says:

This was written really well and i have already bought my yearbook this year and i can’t wait to get it. I also think that the whole golden ticket thing is a great idea.

8. Javier C. says:

That golden ticket idea is awesome cant wait to purchase mine.

9. Rylee says:

I think the theme for the yearbooks this year is very clever. I look forward to buying a yearbook. Great job with writing this article(: It gave me more information about the yearbooks.

10. Megan says:

This article really persuaded me to buy a yearbook early.I am going to talk to my mom about it when I get home.

11. Eyerin says:

I just wanted to say that Year Book students did a really good job on the year books they look fantastic!